Bᵃ

Yep...

Very abstract, but it's there.

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

tfs

Quote from: Bᵃ on March 05, 2010, 05:20:10 PM
So I was just about to comment about how the (pink) logo doesn't even have a reference to the year when I realized that the logo itself is the year.

Wow, I never caught that at all, but it sure is.  My eye kept seeing columns that had shattered and were tumbling down... or a saw blade.  I think they should have made the 4 different segments also resemble 4 different recognizable aspects of Britain, rather than what looks like a monument to chaos.  :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Well, the idea is that it's also sort of supposed to resemble Britain too, the first 2 being Ireland, the 0 being Scotland, the 1 being Wales and the second 2 being England... or somesuch.

Treznax

Quote from: Arantor on March 05, 2010, 05:13:13 PM
You know the sickening part about the 2012 logo (the first one)? £400,000 (not $400k, note) of TAXPAYER's money went on that.

The side logo Treznax posts is one I'm seeing more and more but even so it's still very much a side logo. Sad part is, it's infinitely better since it has the association with the 5 rings, plus the link to London (the band is basically the shape of the river Thames)

£400,000 = $605,540 (Approx)

Jesus, ain't the goverment heard of Resession???
Name on Dream-Portal: Alex
Name on SMF official forums: God Of
Name on SimpleDesk: Treznax

Gruffen

Uh, this happened before the recession.

Treznax

Quote from: Arantor on March 07, 2010, 12:35:04 PM
Uh, this happened before the recession.

That can't be proven, its been stated that we was in recession way before it broke out to the public, also they say we're out of it but people still say we're still in recession.

But you could be right ;)
Name on Dream-Portal: Alex
Name on SMF official forums: God Of
Name on SimpleDesk: Treznax

Gruffen

* Arantor would point out that he holds an economics qualification and actually used to work in the sub-prime mortgage market.

The 2012 logo was doing the rounds before recession was declared, knowing the definition of 'recession' is two successive months with total negative growth of the economy.