News:

Get the latest news and updates on SimpleDesk!

Main Menu

Badges mother lode

Started by tfs, March 23, 2010, 12:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

I've been looking for a collection of badges that would be appropriate for a professional business help desk, but have not found the mother lode yet.  By "badges" I mean the little graphics that take place of the "stars."

I've seen archives that claimed to be thousands of badges, but they were always just "one more click away" through web pages that I didn't trust.

Anyone know of a good link to find what I'm looking for?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

MultiformeIngegno

Remember that they must also be copyright-free unless you have the authorization to use 'em!
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Gruffen

I haven't seen any either, but I can see a possible bonus point for SD for creating and providing some that are free to use/modify.

flapjack

actually if you specify what kind of badges you are looking for it might be easier to do it in photoshop for example? let me know, I am not a PS genius, but know some tricks :)

Gruffen

Oh you probably would do it in Photoshop or similar. Just thinking it might be nice if we were able to offer some.

(Then again, knowing me I'd probably play around with writing a PHP script to draw badges just for the hell of it)

flapjack

let me wrap up things I have to finish, I let you know in a day or two if I'll be able to come up with something.
in the meantime please make a list of what kind of badges are required and what's the required size/coloring

tfs

I've fiddled with The Gimp and made a few, but they just don't seem classy enough.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

[FailSafe]

Hmm....I wonder if people could create badges and release packs of them on SMF like they do with avatars.

Though offering them on SimpleDesk would be cool too, especially if there were packs already installed with the software. :)

flapjack

tfs

Here's a few that I made tonight.  Not quite what I'm looking for, but it's a start.  I'll post in two messages.  These first ones are 100x29 px.

tfs

And these second ones are 128x37 px.  Colors aren't exactly the same, but very close.

Afro

I use cooltext.com to create badges.
Pretty easy and free.

Check out the Military Badges here and see if its close to what you want.

http://www.afrowall.com/index.php?topic=15516.msg95379;topicseen#msg95379

tfs

Quote from: Afro on March 28, 2010, 10:36:37 AM
I use cooltext.com to create badges.

Thanks, I've used them before to make things, though I hadn't yet tried their button maker.  Not too bad.

[FailSafe]

Very cool badges, tfs. They look really nice. :)

Did you use GIMP or PS?

tfs

I used a Gimp plugin called Aqua Bou.  It makes them pretty easy.  The only tricky part is getting each one to be the same width.