News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Entire Teams in Team Page are On Hiatus

Started by [FailSafe], April 16, 2010, 09:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FailSafe]

In the team page the entire developers group has the "On Hiatus" badge (when I know that in the Project Tracker at least Nas has a normal Dev badge), and the same with Jerry and the Globalizers.

Gruffen

It's a bug.

In the case of Dev team, it's because I'm on hiatus - the badge shown is the one of the first person on the list, which for Dev team is me, and for Globalizers is Jerry.

tfs

It's been under discussion in the site bug tracker, though a couple of people actually are on hiatus, and so it may not be fixed as quickly as usual.  :)

It appears to be that whichever badge the first person in a group has, that's the badge used for the group.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tfs

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

[FailSafe]

Ah, okie dokie. Well at least you guys know. :)

I can't really see the site PT so I don't know. ;)

ccbtimewiz

It's because the query that fetches the groups... fetches the members too and grabs the member's badge instead of the group's badge.

I would split it into two queries and cache the group specific query. Similar to what I did with my teampage mod.

[FailSafe]

The main question i'm wondering here is: why?

Why have it grab the members badge in the first place? Performance issues? I mean, the Groups section in SMF 2.0 fetches the membergroup badge, so there should be some way to just fetch the badge by itself. Why wasn't this done to begin with?

hadesflames

Probably some laziness factor =P

If it were me, I would have just hard coded the badges in. I mean, they are not likely to change anyway, and it would still save the query.
*will add something eventually*

[FailSafe]

Well, it's not worth harping on. As long as you guys know that it's there then it's good enough. :)

[FailSafe]

Quote from: tfs on April 16, 2010, 09:52:06 PM
It's been under discussion in the site bug tracker, though a couple of people actually are on hiatus, and so it may not be fixed as quickly as usual.  :)

Speaking of the site tracker, I can see it in the dropdown menu but when I try to click it I get the error. ;)

Acans

The website bug tracker is for Beta Testers up ;)