News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Custom fields and categories

Started by ramon.cutanda, April 06, 2010, 04:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramon.cutanda

Hi,

I know SimpleDesk it's just version one so, please, take into account that I'm not complaining but just suggesting. I've been trying SD and I miss a category system with custom fields. For example, if the ticket is for the webmaster to read it should offer some fields such as brower, operating system, etc. If ticket is for the after-sales department it should contain fields such as customer's data, date of purchase, etc. I think you can get the idea.

The admin panel should let us decide which of those custom fields appear in each category and they should be category-independent and among the options there should be small text, boxes, long text, drop-down menus and tick boxes.

And just to make it perfect, those categories should be able to be linked to different membergroups so that only the groups included in a certain category should have access and be notified when a ticket is sent to their category.

Again, this is not a criticism but a suggestion and, again, I know version one just means the beginning of the road. But I missed those features very much and I just wanted to give you my impression about SD.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Gruffen

* Arantor thinks you may have been best waiting for the what's-in-1.1-announcement... ;)

Thanks for the feedback though, it is appreciated, and I would note that 1.0 is exactly what we promised, nothing more, nothing less.

So yeah, time to start work on the next version already.

A system for categories or "departments" as it would better be named, is NOT in 1.1 however it will be in a subsequent version.

ramon.cutanda

~DS~

"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

I had a break - a little under 24 hours ;) I'm already writing the announcement for what 1.1 will hold, before I start actually designing how it'll work.