Feature request for 1.1

Started by (F.L.A.M.E.R), April 08, 2010, 02:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(F.L.A.M.E.R)

As I see that the planning for SD 1.1 is already started with the release of SD 1.0, Why don't you create a feature request Board where people can give their input and *maybe* you can implement them for 1.1 ?

There is lots already, peolpe would like more in there I suppose. Lets explore the ideas.

Gruffen

That's sort of what this board is about...

To be honest I don't really plan to put more into 1.1 than we've listed. 1.1 is gonna be a huge release for us, in code terms already it's shaping up to be a sizeable % again on top of the 10k lines in 1.0, so I'm hesitant to just add things in, unless it's really really quick, generally.

Bear in mind we have a road map of other large features; while we've named 1.1, internally we already have 1.2 semi fixed and up as far as 1.5 in 'possible/likely features'.

(F.L.A.M.E.R)

It wasn't quite obvious, so thought of giving in some input.

The ideas in are quite vague

Legend
- New Feature
- Functionality Removal
- Functionality Change
- Bug Fix

If you give make it a bit more specific on what are we looking foward in 1.1, it would be gr8.

I know some things are already planned, although I suppose the users can give a hand in alternate methodology for the same feature and make it more useful?

I believe something like 'Feature Request' shall be more useful than the idea of using this board. As you say, you can implement small features if quick, so be it. Atleast you'll know what the users are expecting off SD. ;)

(F.L.A.M.E.R)

Can't edit own replies? (can't see it in WAP atleast)

Gruffen

That's because the legend is meant to be an overview, and I explained it in more depth after the overview. I'm not exactly sure how some of these things will emerge just yet, I have lots of thoughts on the underlying mechanics but until we sit down to bring it forth, it's just as it is...

Tell you what though, SMF has three boards that are all basically inter-related because they all share people requesting new things to be built - Feature Requests, Mod Requests and SMF Feedback and Discussion; I'd rather just keep everything in the same place for now.

That's the other thing, what people think is small and what I think are small are often quite different things.

(F.L.A.M.E.R)

Its good to keep things limited for the start, do think over it later on.

Yep, not everything looking small turns out small. Learnt that lesson many a times :P