News:

Get the latest news and updates on SimpleDesk!

Main Menu

Printing Reports

Started by bcbowen, September 12, 2012, 10:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcbowen

Just installed SimpleDesk 2.0 and I love it.  My question is this: Is there a way to print reports of the activity taking place?  Summary reports of tickets, action logs for a specific ticket, summary reports for tickets assigned to specific users, etc. would be very helpful. Is this function there and I haven't found it or is there a plugin that can be used?  Any help would be appreciated.

tfs

There's no functionality to do this.  The first thing that comes to mind would be to use phpMyAdmin to generate such reports from a SQL query, export them to CSV and then use Excel to format the data.

I posted a sample query here in the team blog.  It contains various samples of sub-queries and query snippets that may help you.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

venguard223

There is no plugin for this, it would have to be written and there are something like only three people who know how to write SD plugins... (it's not hard to do, just requires a bit of familiarity with SMF and SD and reviewing the examples I left would have helped)

Though the action logs for a specific ticket is visible in the ticket, the other stuff would be a bit more complex especially if you go down the rabbit hole of 'tickets that are assigned, or were previously at some point in the past ever assigned to <person>'

tfs

In case the link in my post above wasn't apparent, here's a sample "report" that may help.

http://www.simpledesk.net/community/index.php?topic=1234.0
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.