News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

For those who don't like FarmVille

Started by Gruffen, February 27, 2010, 10:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

One of my vices is playing FarmVille, first up. In between coding, it's fairly meaningless brain activity, good for idling the conscious mind and letting the subconscious just work in the background. (Plus it sates the Bartle "Achiever" element within me, which never hurts)

And today I was messing around - and knowing they have issues - but found something funny happen... as attached. A refresh cures it, of course, but it just struck me as funny somehow.

[FailSafe]

So what is going on exactly? You're losing 15 coins and gaining only 1 experience, and this is happening a bunch of times?

Gruffen

There's only supposed to be one status on screen at any one time, since the poor little overworked farmer can only be working on one square at a time...

He was still only working on one square at a time, but FarmVille was spraying that note all over the screen - though it's fixed now, it seems

[FailSafe]

Heh, super-farmer then. Glitches are always funny. :P

tfs

God bless our farmers!!!

Here's my onions from last year... I grew about 300 of them.  Though for me it's just a hobby... as it is for you digitally.   :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

~DS~

Quote from: tfs on February 27, 2010, 06:07:59 PM
God bless our farmers!!!

Here's my onions from last year... I grew about 300 of them.  Though for me it's just a hobby... as it is for you digitally.   :)
Nice...you a farmer? I bet you had a beautiful farm.  :)
We also grow them around here. (Puerto Rico)
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

[FailSafe]

Quote from: tfs on February 27, 2010, 06:07:59 PM
God bless our farmers!!!

bleh, those look nice. I wish I had the chance to grow some small plants, but I don't think I'd have the stamina for it. Though I do enjoy going to a Farmer's Market everyone once in a while to check out what they have. :)

tfs

Thanks, I don't really have a "farm"... I just like to grow veggies in my garden.  You can grow a lot of onions in not much space.  One onion every 6-8 inches down the row, and rows about 2 feet apart.  The row width is really just based on how much room you want to have to get in there for weeding.

Onions are very cheap and easy to grow.  You can buy 100 baby shoots for about $3.  Where I'm at you plant them in November and harvest around mid May... as long as you get them out of the ground before the temperature gets hot, because then the onions will get too strong.  (You may as well buy them at the store if you like them hot and strong)  If you have somewhere cool and dry to store onions they'll keep for a whole year.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

[FailSafe]

O.o I just noticed my post. There is censorship on here?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Quote from: [FailSafe] on February 28, 2010, 01:28:58 AM
O.o I just noticed my post. There is censorship on here?

Yeah, there's a god bleh monkey-wrenchin censorship here :P

Gruffen

At least it's semi-fun censorship as opposed to **** ****ing **** censorship.

Looks like good farming out there :)

[FailSafe]

Urr....shoot. I'm going to have to watch my mouth now. >.>

Gruffen

Nah you're not. You can actually turn censoring off in your profile if it makes you feel better.

[FailSafe]

But does that allow me to bypass the censoring, or do the censored words just appear for me since it's my profile setting?

Gruffen

Post are stored uncensored in the database. What it controls is whether they're censored for you when you look at them.