News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Bug on Admin section

Started by feline, April 05, 2010, 02:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

On load the Admin page, the variable $context['html_headers'] is cleared.
To fix that change

// Load some extra CSS
$context['html_headers'] = '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/css/helpdesk_admin.css" />

to

// Load some extra CSS
$context['html_headers'] .= '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/css/helpdesk_admin.css" />

Fel

PortaMx has released version 1.4 for SMF 2.0 with revolutionary features, which no other portal has. This is only possible with the PortaMx 'OOP' programming technique and the built in 'SEF' engine.

Gruffen

Thanks for that, Feline. I'll fix that in SVN now, so if we have a 1.0.1 release it'll go in, failing that it'll appear in 1.1.

feline

I just test simpledesk .. looks good for now.
It works not with PortaMx in the stand alone mode ..

And I have no access to the bugtracker?

Fel

PortaMx has released version 1.4 for SMF 2.0 with revolutionary features, which no other portal has. This is only possible with the PortaMx 'OOP' programming technique and the built in 'SEF' engine.

Gruffen

Access to bug tracker should be restricted to readonly for users outside of Beta Testers and team, simply because we know full well we'd get flooded with reports that are duplicates - basically the same reason simplemachines.org operates a bug reports board.

What happens with PortaMX in standalone mode exactly?

feline

Because we load the "Frontpage template" if no action exist, this get the error
Cannot redeclare template_main() (previously declared in Themes\default\PortaMx\PortaMx.template.php:15) in Themes\default\SimpleDesk.template.php on line 83

Is there a global settings exist, with information if simpledesk installed && active && in standalone mode?

Fel

.oO(the captcha is nerved)

Gruffen

Yup.

if (!empty($modSettings['helpdesk_active']) && !empty($modSettings['shd_helpdesk_only']))

CAPTCHA is only for 5 posts, btw.

feline

Ahh .. great. I will check that and if it works, this will be implemented in portamx.

Fel

feline

One other problem ..
The private switch (change) don't work .. (note, that I use SimpleSEF 1.0.3)

Fel

Gruffen

* Arantor wonders if that's an SSEF problem, as we never tested it with SSEF in development.

feline

Ok .. the stand alone mode works .. but we then have no frontpage   ???

I will think about that ...

Fel

Gruffen

Well, SD standalone mode was never really intended to be used with a forum; the idea is - as we described it to be - something for shutting down the forum generally, so there's a user base (and thus integrations/bridges to other systems), rather than anything else.

I'm not entirely sure what you'd use SD in standalone mode with a portal for...

feline

Yeah .. that's a good point. But I tested that and have a error .. not good.
With a small modification on my startup code I can fix that .. and anybody is happy  ;D

Fel

Gruffen

We did try to be as non-invasive as possible but if there's anything that we can work together on to make both mods co-exist, that would always be good :)

tfs

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 03:25:43 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you'd use SD in standalone mode with a portal for...

In stand alone mode it would be nice to have a "Welcome to the HelpDesk" portal page, where you could provide specific information for the client.  Rules, policies, procedures, links, etc.

I had (Kind Of) done this on a test forum I setup by showing a SimplePortal top block using the -~action|helpdesk modifier in SimplePortal, which tells the block to NOT show if is sees action=helpdesk on the URL.  So the block would show up THE FIRST time you arrive at the helpdesk, but as soon as you do anything it goes away.  So it acts as a kind of welcome screen.

To see the block again you can remove the action=helpdesk from the URL, or click on the forum logo, which does the same thing.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Ah, that sort of makes sense, actually. Maybe there's scope for an enhancement to the standalone mode to have a front page?