Scoping ?

Started by VegasJay, April 04, 2010, 12:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasJay

I am presently supporting a DotProject installation for a major US organization.

This organization has 7 or 8 divisions operating at a total of close to 150 locations around the country, and perhaps a dozen or so international locations.

The department I do the work for has around 40 staff members, most of which are assigned to one of the divisions and have responsibility for up to 15 locations. There are multiple staff members for each division.

There is a headquarters/engineering group as well.

In practice a ticket is usually opened for a specific action/problem at a specific location and owned by a specific division with one or more staff members assigned to the ticket for action.

In some cases a ticket may have staff member A working on one part of the ticket and staff member b working on another part of the ticket. With dot project we handle this by opening two tickets.

DotProject does the job, however it is very difficult to actually use because of the complexity of the interface.

I am wondering if SimpleDesk can scope out to cover this level of complexity in an organization.  I think it might depend on the reporting capability.

We would need to be able to report by location, by staff member, by division and so on.

Is there any way I can log into a beta site as admin and see some of the gears going around to see if SimpleDesk might be a replacement for DotProject for this application?

jayr

Gruffen

Not in 1.0, no. Please see http://www.simpledesk.net/community/archived-news/what-will-simpledesk-1.0-feature-75.0.html for more. Simply put, it'll happen but not yet, and not for several releases while we get more important functionality in.